Minimum Player Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Players should be in good physical condition and consult with their physician prior to the start of the club season to confirm that they do not have any health condition(s) that may be complicated by strenuous physical activities such as training for and/or playing competitive volleyball.
- The player does NOT and will NOT use illegal drugs, tobacco or alcohol.
- The player has a positive attitude, is a team-first player, and personally desires to maximize their development and contribution in our club volleyball environment.
- The player agrees to abide by Empire Volleyball Club Rules and Regulations, the USAV Rules and Code of Conduct, and to conduct themselves as an honorable member of Empire Volleyball Club.
The Player’s Parent and/or Guardian Requirements and Responsibilities:
- The Player’s Parent and/or Guardian may be asked to demonstrate legal guardianship of the player if requested by Empire Volleyball or other appropriate governing organization.
- The Player’s Parent and/or Guardian is capable of legally entering into a contract, in accordance with the laws of the State of Idaho and freely does so by completing and signing a membership agreement, a legally binding contract.
- The Player’s Parent and/or Guardian assumes all responsibility for payment of all costs, fees, and expenses associated with the Player’s participation and membership in Empire Volleyball.
- The Player’s Parent and/or Guardian understands that payments are expected to be made on time and in full and that the membership fees are non-refundable without exception (regardless of the Player’s ability to participate in club activities), including early withdrawal or termination from Empire Volleyball If fees become ten (10) days overdue, players may, at the sole discretion of Empire Volleyball, be subject to immediate partial or full suspension from the program(s).
- The Player’s Parent and/or Guardian acknowledges that playing volleyball can result in serious injury and the Player’s Parent and/or Guardian assumes all liability for Player injuries resulting from participating in club activities.
- The Player’s Parent and/or Guardian assumes all responsibility for associated visitors and guests’ adherence to all rules, policies, guidelines, etc. in addition to their own adherence.
- Termination of membership (either by the club or by the Player and/or the Player’s Parent and/or Guardian) DOES NOT reduce or suspend the obligation to pay all dues and other indebtedness incurred as the result of signing this Agreement, including without limitation prepayment for tournaments, facility rentals, and other reasonable expenses.
- If membership of the Player and/or the Player’s Parent and/or Guardian is terminated, you will remain liable for all dues and other indebtedness incurred as the result of signing this Agreement.
Empire Volleyball Club Rules and Regulations:
The following rules and regulations are what are expected from all club members and their families. These rules are in addition to any and all rules set forth by USA Volleyball (USAV) and the Intermountain Region.
- Accountability for ALL events is mandatory. If a player must miss all or part of ANY event, the coaches and club administrators should be notified as soon as possible prior to that event. Decisions resulting from violation of the accountability rules are the sole discretion of Empire Volleyball and its staff members.
- Players should arrive 10 minutes prior to practice to ensure they are ready once practice begins.
- For tournaments, players should always have all uniform jerseys available, and have all necessary apparel and personal equipment/uniform items. Arriving late to a tournament or without appropriate jersey(s), equipment, etc. may affect your tournament status and/or role for the team.
- Rides at the conclusions of club activities should be at the appropriate venues no later than 5 minutes after the scheduled conclusion of events.
- Due to liability issues, parents and/or club member guests are not permitted to participate in practice, unless needed requirements and approval from the club director has been given.
- Club members (including players, parents/guardians, and coaches) should conduct themselves in a manner that is not only becoming to themselves but as positive representatives of Empire Volleyball Club. The way we talk, the way we dress, the way we play – all affects the way people view our club. Strive to present the most positive image possible when at tournaments and at practice. Any inappropriate behavior will be handled on a case by case basis, with suspension from the club as an option if actions warrant. Any said suspension does NOT waive your financial obligation.
- Empire Volleyball has a no-tolerance policy in regards to illegal activities as well as violations of USAV and Intermountain region rules and guidelines for its members.
- Players must remain at all club events until dismissed by the appropriate party or parties. This includes when a team must ref the final match of the day. ALL players must remain at the venue until the assignment is complete and are dismissed by the appropriate coaches and/or staff.
- In cases where a player is injured, they will still be allowed and asked to attend practice unless otherwise notified. Athletes can still participate in some of the team activities as appropriate, even if they are not able to participate in all or part of the physical part of activities.
- Discussion with players and/or parents regarding playing time, player performance, partnerships, etc. will not be discussed at a tournament or during practice. Should an athlete and/or the coaches feel that a discussion is necessary, it is important that those discussions be handled properly and constructively. Some quick DOs and DON’Ts include:
- Request to meet with coaches at an appropriate time (at least 24 hours before/after a tournament) in a non-public setting. Players should always attend these meetings.
- Consider what the player can do to improve their contributions to the team and/or partnership.
- Consider BOTH (1) what is in the best interest of the team and/or partnership, as opposed to the personal interest/preferences of the player, and (2) what will best help the player maximize their effectiveness within their team and/or partnership performance.
- Remember that a player’s attitude, work ethic, demeanor, energy, enthusiasm, and performance in practice goes a long way in determining what they are asked to do in games. How is the player practicing? Is the player's attitude, body language, demeanor, etc. a constructive part of the team's performance (both on and off the floor)?
- Attempt to discuss the playing time, skill level, etc. of any teammate or other club members.
- Have any discussions regarding a player without the player being present.
Player and Parent Code of Conduct:
Youth sports programs, including club volleyball, play an important role in promoting the physical, social and emotional development of children. It is therefore essential for parents to constructively encourage youth athletes to embrace the values of good sportsmanship. As important, adults involved in youth sports events should be models of good sportsmanship and should lead by example by demonstrating respect and self-control.
I therefore pledge to be responsible for my words and actions while attending any youth sports event with regards to Empire Volleyball Club and shall conform my behavior to the following code of conduct:
I will NOT, nor will I encourage others to,
- engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
- engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety or well-being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
- use drugs or alcohol while at a youth sports event and will not attend a youth sports event while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- engage in the use of profanity.
- treat any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee disrespectfully because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or ability.
- engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
- encourage my child, or any other person, to engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
- initiate a fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
- engage in gossip about players, coaches or team families as this has no place in Empire Volleyball.
- use social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. to post comments that are negative in anyway of players, coaches, officials, or anyone who is associated with club volleyball.
- coach my child or any other player on my child’s team during a club scheduled practice or tournament event.
I hereby agree that if I fail to conform my conduct to the foregoing while attending any Empire event (which includes practices) I will be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to the following in any order or combination:
- Verbal warning issued by Empire Volleyball or representative of USAV/AAU
- Written warning issued by Empire Volleyball or representative of USAV/AAU
- Immediate ejection/suspension from an event issued by Empire Volleyball or representative of USAV/AAU
- Suspension from multiple events issued by Empire Volleyball or representative of USAV/AAU
- Season suspension issued by Empire Volleyball or representative of USAV/AAU
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Volleyball reserves the right to change practice times, days, and durations as needed. All efforts to notify everyone of necessary changes will be made. Empire Volleyball solely determines content of instructional practices and the extent to which each player participates during club events. Empire Volleyball also has the right to postpone or cancel practices as necessary due to inclement weather, road conditions, facility issues, etc.
- Empire Volleyball reserves the right to control entry into the practice facilities. Players and/or visitors may be asked to leave the practice facility or tournament venue at Empire Volleyball’s discretion.
- Empire Volleyball reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate a player’s membership for non-adherence to USAV/AAU policies, non-adherence to practice facility rules, or non-adherence to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including without limitation failure to make on-time club payments.
- Empire Volleyball reserves the right to utilize player images (photos, video) for promotional tools and recruiting efforts without compensation. Empire Volleyball also has the right to include player information (such as age and height, as well as other pertinent volleyball statistics) as this agreement will serve as written permission to do so.
- The rules and regulations included in this document are NOT inclusive. Amendments may be made from time to time as necessary. On all questions regarding the interpretation of and application of the policies, rules, requirements, responsibilities, etc., the decision of Empire Volleyball shall be final.